16:08 04th Jul, 2012
STAR Plus Launches iOS App
Saas-bahu soaps now go portable.
STAR Plus has announced the launch of its app for the iPhone and iPad, becoming India's first General Entertainment Channel (GEC) to make an entry into the iOS market. The app will provide iDevice users entertainment on-the-go in India and over 120 countries around the world.
Lalit Bhagia, VP Digital of STAR India has said, "The iPhone and iPad devices have changed the way people consume content globally... The app allows users not just a great video experience, but also gives details on show schedules, news and updates on their favourite show characters through daily audio blogs".
Users will be able to access unique features such as live TV, catch up with missed episodes of the last two days, updates, news from STAR Plus, current and upcoming shows, etc. Users can also browse content either by the show or by characters.
You can purchase and download the iPhone app from http://itunes.apple.com/in/app/starplus-on-iphone/id440692945?mt=8 and the iPad app from http://itunes.apple.com/in/app/starplus-on-ipad/id440687242?mt=8 for $0.99 (Rs 49). It is strange that the app is not free, considering that many other international channels offer similar apps for free.
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- Audio Gadgets Under INR 5,000 For This Season
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- Top Five Smartphones Based On AnTuTu Scores (May 2016)
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000