Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:58 29th Dec, 2017
HMD May Inaugurate The Android Go Programme With Nokia 1
The device will run light version of Android Oreo.
Just a few weeks back, Google announced the Android Go program for budget smartphones. It is a watered down version of Oreo that;s light on resources. And if the rumours are trues, it seems HMD is going to kick-start the proceedings with Nokia 1.
The information comes from Eldar Murtazin, who is known for some high profile leaks. However, consistancy has never been his forte, so take this with a pinch of salt. As first reported by GizmoChina, Nokia 1 will break cover in Russia.
The phone is expected to feature an HD IPS screen. HMD will opt for an entry-level Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. It will likely pack in 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.
The Nokia 1 is expected to release in early 2018. The price is said to be 5490 rubles, which roughly translates to Rs 6,000. That's slightly cheaper than the existing Nokia 2, which retails for Rs 7,000 in India.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000