Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:12 29th Sep, 2012
Sony Mobile Announces Waterproof Androids: Xperia go And acro S?
The acro S features ICS, a 4.3" display, and 12 mp camera, while the go settles for Gingerbread, a 3.5" screen, and a 5 mp snapper.
Sony Mobile has added two new members to its family of Xperia smartphones. The latest additions are the Xperia go and acro S. Both devices have scratch-resistant mineral glass displays and offer protection against dust and water.
The acro S is a high-end model, powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU. Its 4.3" display has pixel dimensions of 1280x720. Apart from that, it packs in a 12 mp main and front 1.3 mp camera, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 1910 mAh battery. It's a PlayStation Certified device, and will feature Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box.
The Xperia go is relatively smaller, sporting a 3.5" screen. It packs in a 1 GHz dual-core CPU, 5 mp camera, and the usual set of connectivity options. Unlike the acro S though, this handset will run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). According to the manufacturer, the Xperia go and acro S will be available globally from July 2012. However, there's no information regarding their pricing as of this writing. For more information, check out the videos, as well as extra product shots in the gallery below.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets