Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:54 29th May, 2012
Samsung Releases Android 4.0 Update For Galaxy S II In India?
New version available via OTA, brings a fresh look and performance improvements to the table.
Last week we informed you regarding the new Samsung Galaxy S IIs featuring Android 4.0 out of the box. As expected, Samsung has now started seeding the ICS update for the existing GS2 handsets as well.
The update size is 220.31 MB, therefore, it is better not to download it over GPRS, especially if you don't have an unlimited data plan. The new software offers a fresh UI, performance improvements, and the usual ICS goodies such as Face Unlock, resizable widgets, redesigned multitasking bar, and the new People App.
The new firmware can be installed Over the Air (OTA) or by using the Samsung Kies app on your PC. The process is fairly simple, but I'd advice you to be careful not to disconnect the USB cable while updating your phone if you are using Kies.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000