Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:31 05th Oct, 2016
Google's Pixel XL Takes On The iPhone 7 Plus
The handset features a Quad HD OLED screen and 12-megapixel camera.
If you like plus size phones, Google has you covered with its Pixel XL smartphone. Just like its younger sibling, the Pixel XL features metal and glass construction. The phone boasts of Pixel Imprint, which is Google's way of saying fingerprint sensor. Thanks to its bigger footprint, the Pixel XL packs-in a bigger 3450 mAh battery compared to that of the Pixel.
The handset sports a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen. Now that's quite a pixel packed screen when compared to the iPhone 7 Plus. The Pixel XL is powered by the Snapdragon 821 chipset with 4 GB RAM. In the photography department, you get a 12-megapixel main camera with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). For selfies, there's an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone supports 4G VoLTE, which means that it is compatible with Reliance Jio network. Other connectivity essentials include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and A-GPS. On the software front, the phone will ship with Android 7.1 Nougat.
The Google Pixel XL will come in Quite Black, Very Silver, and Really Blue. The 32 GV version is pegged at $769 (approx Rs 51,000), while the 128 GB variant will set you back for $869 (roughly Rs 58,000). The device is up for pre-order in the US, Canada, Germany, and Australia starting today.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000