Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:00 05th Oct, 2016
Google's Pixel Smartphone Comes With Killer Specs And Weird Back
Google's first premium handset is set to take on the iPhone 7.
After numerous leaks, Google has finally unveiled its Pixel smartphone. According to the search-giant, it is the first phone made inside and out by the company. Google claims that the goal of Nexus program was to work closely with mobile handset partners around the world to deliver the best of Android. Pixel is the next step to bring the hardware and software design together under one roof.
Made of premium glass and metals, this device is supposed to take on the iPhpne 7 duo. The only problem is that compared to Apple's latest phones, the Pixel's back looks quite repulsive. Seriously, why on Earth would you experiment with the glossy and matte surface on a single side?
As far as the specifications are concerned, you get a 5-inch Full HD AMOLED screen. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 821 chipset and has 4 GB RAM. Although the phone isn't available at this point, Google claims that the Pixel "the highest rated smartphone camera. Ever." What you get here is a 12-megapixel rear camera that lacks OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). Instead it makes do with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation) that's mostly found in budget or mid-range phones.
Highest rated camera. Ever! On a phone that's not even released.
The Pixel comes with a fingerprint sensor. Other features include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, and 2770 mAh battery. On the software side of the things, you get the latest Android 7.1 Nougat. Starting today, the Pixel will be up for pre-order in the US, Canada, Germany, and Australia. The 32 GB base variant is priced at $649 (approx Rs 43,000), whereas the 128 GB model costs $749 (approx Rs 50,000).
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance