Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15th May 2017Torrents have been one of the best content distribution platforms on the web. The system comprises of a package (file) that contains metadata about the content to be distributed and the network of devices that are sharing these files. In simple words, a torrent file is not the actual content but a key to acquire it. For easy distribution, a file is divided into small chunks (generally between 32 kB and 32 MB). These pieces, when simultaneously downloaded from multiple sources improve transfer speeds.However, recently the Indian government has blocked access to almost all torrent and file sharing websites. Like they say, you can't really regulate the Internet. There are plenty of workarounds to access torrent websites in India, and I'm going to share a couple of easiest methods with you.Now before you use this tutorial to access torrents, please understand that while there's nothing wrong in using Torrents, distributing copyrighted content is illegal. Especially in India, opening a torrent website may get you landed in jail for up to three years. That's more term than a popular film star spend for taking a life in hit and run case. I fully endorse sharing non copyrighted movies, music, and software on torrents. For instance, torrent sites have helped the Linux community grow. Similarly, many indie film makers and garage bands distribute their work for global exposure. In no way we endorse downloading or distributing copyrighted content over torrents. If you choose to do so, you will be solely responsible for your actions.1. After the fall of Kickass torrents, PirateBay remains the last standing source of torrents. However, entering its URL http://thepiratebay.org returns a following message:
2. The first workaround is incredibly simple. All you have to do here is replace http:// in the URL to https://. Once the secured connection is established, you can access ThePirateBay.org.
3. If this doesn't work for you, then we need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to solve the issue. There are plenty of VPN software available on the Internet. However, some of them cost money while the others are filled with ads. Hence, we recommend the Opera browser that comes with free VPN access. To enable this feature, go to Settings panel.
4. In Settings, navigate to Privacy & Security. Scroll down and tick the box next to Enable VPN.
5. Once the VPN is enabled, the traffic goes through one of the many remote servers set up by Opera. Since the location is no more detected as India, most of the websites banned in India will be easily accessible.
How To: Access Blocked Torrent Websites In India
Here's a couple of simple workarounds to download torrents.
Tutuapp ShowBox Mobdro
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000