23:46 09th Oct, 2012
Airtel Will Launch 4G In Kolkata
Service will be available in the city this month.
Bharti airtel is all set to launch its 4G data service, starting from Kolkata this month. The company also holds the licences for the Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum, said to be five times quicker than 3G, in four circles including Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Karnataka. The service claims to provide subscribers with high-speed wireless internet access that supports video streaming and high-definition video conferencing.
Other firms such as Reliance Infotel, Qualcomm, Tikona, Aircel, and Augere have also won spectrum rights during the recent auction, but are yet to announce any plans about when their service will be available. Although phones supporting the 4G network haven't yet reached India, several handset makers are certainly planning to bring such devices to our shores in the near future. However, considering how expensive 3G plans currently are, it's anybody's guess what the new 4G tariffs will be like.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones