Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:56 17th Nov, 2011
Amazon Unveils Kindle Fire
Affordable 7" Android tablet to launch on 15th November.
Amazon has finally entered the tablet arena with the launch of its Kindle Fire. Except for the name, this gadget has nothing in common with the original Kindle.
The device's 7" screen is protected by Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a dual-core 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. Other specs include 8 GB of storage, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm jack, and a micro-USB port. However, it lack features such as a camera and GPS. The tablet measures 7.5" (l) x 4.7" (w) x 0.45" (d), and weighs 413 grammes. Being an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) tablet, it will allow users to download apps from Amazon's Android Appstore, but access to Google's Android Market is restricted.
The Kindle Fire will be released on 15th November, 2011. The device can be pre-ordered for $200 (approx Rs 10,000), but currently overseas orders cannot be placed. Hence, we will have to wait a little longer for this affordable yet desirable device.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones