10:46 05th Nov, 2014
iBall Launches The Slide WQ149, Windows 8 Tablet At Rs 22000
The tablet packs in all the necessary goodies and throws in 3G bands as well to make it an all-rounder.
iBall has added yet another tablet to its Slide tablet series called the Slide WQ149. This time around, we have Windows 8 loaded inside and at the asking price, it does make things easier for buyers who are confused between choosing a laptop or a tablet.
The smart-looking tablet comes with Intel silicon inside and no, this is not some old processor that someone pulled out of a warehouse to build a mid-range tablet. iBall has gone with the recently announced Intel quad-core Intel Atom Z3735D processor, which is a pretty power-efficient piece of kit and is a part of the Bay Trail-T platform. The cores work on the Silvermont architecture and skips on the Hyper-Threading feature, which is what brings down the asking price.
As for the design, it is similar to every other tablet out there with the addition of a handy folio case, that also doubles up as a keyboard when attached to the tablet. We get an additional 1 TB of OneDrive storage space from Microsoft along with an Office subscription for a year, but the main attraction here, is indeed the price.
As for the rest of the hardware specifications, they are as follows:
- We get a 10.1 inch 1280 x 800 pixel touch screen IPS display that has been built using Zero Air Gap technology
- A 1.33 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735D processor coupled with 2 GB of RAM, that also includes 32 GB of internal storage along with micro SD card expansion
- In the camera department there is a 5 MP AF primary camera on the back and a 2 MP unit up front for video calls
- 3G bands are available along with Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI, and micro USB ports
- The tablet runs Windows 8.1 and is powered by a 31.08 Wh battery
While the Slide WQ149 may not be big on specs, it certainly gets the job done and may be a practical alternative for those looking for a laptop at a lower price tag. Talking about the price tag, the iBall Slide WQ149 is priced at Rs 21,999, which is pretty decent considering that you are in the above mentioned scenario.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have