13:56 04th Aug, 2014
Acer Launches Its "Affordable" Iconia A1-713 Android Tablet In India
Basically an affordable tablet device for the masses.
The tablet market is a pretty crowded one these days which is why manufacturers are working on delivering more bang for your buck. Indeed Acer is no newbie to the game and has been building tablets for long, so it is no surprise that the company launched an affordable Android tablet after all. The tablet called Iconia A1-713 (sounds like a flight number) delivers some budget hardware with a decent screen allowing for more functionality compared to smartphones in the same range.
The Acer Iconia A1-713 sports a 7 inch display with a low 1024 x 600 resolution, which should at least work in favour of the 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT 8382 processor. There’s 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory (expandable) and 2 MP rear camera which seems to be the standard stuff for entry-level tablets these days. Also included is a 0.3 MP VGA camera on the front.
The device comes with all the necessary radios ensuring that you will always stay connected and includes 3G support via a SIM card slot as well and runs Android Jelly Bean 4.2 . Yes, you can make voice calls on the A1-713. Powering all of the above is 3400 mAh battery which should hopefully get you through a day of use keeping the low resolution screen and the less power-hungry MediaTek processor on board.
What is shocking, is the price, which Acer has priced at Rs 12,999. Of course there are plenty of better options out there. In fact you could be better off with a locally made phablet-sized smartphone instead. The tablet comes only in silver and is available on sale as of today.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones