21:56 27th Sep, 2011
Micromax A85 Has A Dual-Core Tegra 2
Will also feature gesture control.
While most Indian mobile phones continue to be Chinese phones with rebranding and remain confined to the entry-level and mid-range segment, Micromax has decided to go to the next level with its upcoming A85. This new phone will sport high-end features including a dual-core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2, 512 MB RAM, and a 3.8" WVGA capacitive multi-touch display.
The new smartphone will feature a front VGA camera and a rear 5.0 MP camera with auto-focus and Geo-tagging along with 8 GB of internal storage. An accelerometer sensor is also present for UI auto-rotate. The A85 is also said to sport gesture control using motion captured by the front camera, which will make it an interesting phone to lookout for if Micromax gets it right. It is claimed to be running Android 2.2 Froyo, although this may change by the time it is launched.
Here are a couple of leaked snaps of this new phone, thanks to the folks at BGR.in.
- FOSSIL LAUNCHES GEN5 SMARTWATCHES IN INDIA
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones