09:50 23rd Jun, 2014
BlackBerry To Launch Its Budget Z3 Smartphone In India This Week
According to an invite for an event sent out by BlackBerry, it will unveil the next-generation BB 10 devices on June 25
BlackBerry's Z3 budget smartphone could be launched in India as early as June 25, with the company sending out invites to an event that reads "next generation BlackBerry 10 devices". The news comes soon after it was revealed that the device will make its way to Indian shores and could be priced around Rs 14,000.
The Z3 is the Canadian company's first fully-touch device aimed at the budget market, and was first launched in Indonesia, the last stronghold of BlackBerry. The device costs IDR 2,199,000 (approximately Rs 11,500) which has sparked off a rumour that the company could price the Z3 similarly in India.
Business Standard reports that several handset makers have launched new models in the sub-Rs 12,000 price bracket which is the fastest growing segment of India's smartphone market. BlackBerry could also look to get in on some of this action by pricing the device appropriately.
The device features a 5-inch display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels and is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM. A 5MP primary camera adorns the back, while the front-facing shooter has a resolution of 1.1MP.
The Z3 is manufactured by Foxconn, the same contract manufacturer that Apple has turned to for manufacturing the iPhone. It is also the first time that BlackBerry has turned to the company for manufacturing its latest device, in order to meet cost targets for a budget smartphone.
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020