17:34 23rd Apr, 2014
Samsung's K Zoom Leaks Once Again; Shows Off Its S5-Like Dimpled Back
Shows that case makers are already preparing for Samsung’s camera smartphone hybrid.
The Samsung K Zoom has been seeing leak after leak until finally Samsung sent out an invite for the rumoured device scheduled for the 29th of April. It was just recently that we got to see a live image of the device thanks to a blogger, and now once again an image has appeared on a retail website. This one shows a transparent plastic case over the actual K Zoom device.
What has changed since the last leak is that there now appears to the new Samsung S5-like dimpled back. As we browse around the site for some more similar cases, we were able to find another blue case. This one clearly shows that the device will sport a shutter key along with the usual volume control buttons and the power button as well. What is odd is that the volume and power buttons have been placed on the same side of the device, which indicates that the volume buttons could be used for the zoom function.
Samsung’s GALAXY K Zoom will sport a more compact 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD (1280 x 720p) screen and a 6-core Samsung Exynos 5 Hexa (5260) SoC with ARM’s big.LITTLE HMP technology. Two of those would be 1.7GHz Cortex-A15 cores while the other four are 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores; along with some quad-core ARM Mali-T624 GPU graphics processing.
Coupled with all this fire power would be 2GB of RAM, and the phone will run Android KitKat out of the box. Internal memory will stand at 8GB, while storage will be expandable via a micro SD card for you to store those large 20MP photographs.
As earlier information revealed, the S5 Zoom does pack a 20.0MP image sensor on the back and 2.1MP camera unit on the front. The primary camera would also be supported by a Xenon Flash and an OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) system to reduce shake, which should be quite handy considering the 10X zoom capabilities.
Let’s just hope that will all that fire-power on board, the K Zoom can at least out-perform the Nokia Lumia 1020 which is currently the best camera phone available today.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499