01:06 06th Oct, 2012
Indian War Heroes Come To The Aakash Tablet
Tales on Indian martyrs in a comic book format will be preloaded on the device.
As the nation gears up to celebrate its 63rd Republic Day, a bit of patriotism is in store for users of the Aakash tablet, as it has been announced that the device will offer digital versions of Indian War Comics (IWC). The e-books will feature Param Vir Chakra winner Bana Singh, Captain Vikram Batra, and Mumbai 26/11 war hero and Ashok Chakra winner Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. The comics will be available free of cost for both the Aakash and Ubislate tablets from DataWind.
Launching the digital stories, Indian Army Chief VK Singh said that the initiative is meant to inspire children. He added, "Those of you who have been lucky to read the Amar Chitra Katha and know what it did to you, to know your own history, I think these war comics are going to make a fantastic difference. Specially when they are loaded on to the Aakash tablet".
IWC promoter Aditya Bakshi confirmed that Hindi versions of the comics will be launched in the next four months, followed by versions in the language native to each war hero. The hard copies published by Westland are available through OmBooks.com, as well as at brick-and-mortar Om Book Shops.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have