12:01 05th Jun, 2013
Amazon India Is Finally Here
Amazon India store officially starts off in India.
After wetting their feet with Junglee.com for a year, Amazon India with the official URL www.amazon.in finally launches here in the country. Unlike Junglee which is an online shop aggregator, Amazon India guarantees to fulfil orders themselves.
Currently you can buy books, movies, and TV shows on the website with electronic items such as mobiles, cameras, etc promised to be added later on. Expect Amazon India to pretty much play like a standard online shop till they are set, but the fun would surely begin with Amazon offering their US catalogue with items such as Superman Iconic Statue from DC Collectibles (drool) or Star Wars Force FX Lightsabers (double drool) at competing rates here in India.
Free Home Delivery is offered on products above Rs 500 only, anything below that mark will cost you Rs.49 per package for delivery. Though for a “limited time”, Amazon has waived that fee off. Interestingly, if you compare some of the rates of books say 'Stay Hungry Stay Foolish by Rashmi Bansal' on Amazon India and Flipkart; you'll find it cheaper especially since there is no home delivery charge (at the moment).
Also in typical Amazon style, expect your user logins for Amazon.com (US based) to work on Amazon India too. You just got to love Amazon for getting things right!
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499