12:28 15th May, 2013
Microsoft Readying Free Windows 8.1 Update
Previously codenamed Windows Blue, it will be available later this year.
Microsoft will be releasing a system update to its latest Windows OS, the Windows 8.1 (codenamed Windows Blue), according to an official blog post. According to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of Windows, the update will be available as a free download for Windows 8 users through the Windows Store later this year. A similar update for Windows RT will also be available at the same time. However, details about the issues addressed in this update are not yet clear.
Reller did mention, though, that it will ease the learning curve for those who upgrade from earlier versions of Windows. Older versions of the OS had a Start menu and button, which was replaced by a Start screen in Windows 8, thus confusing the users a bit. Windows 8 owners will be prompted to download the update, once it is available. The software giant could be looking at increasing sales of its latest desktop OS by ironing out chinks in its armour. Microsoft will be making a public preview of the update from 26th June, coinciding with the company's BUILD developer conference at San Francisco.
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020