12:28 15th May, 2013
Microsoft Readying Free Windows 8.1 Update
Previously codenamed Windows Blue, it will be available later this year.
Microsoft will be releasing a system update to its latest Windows OS, the Windows 8.1 (codenamed Windows Blue), according to an official blog post. According to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of Windows, the update will be available as a free download for Windows 8 users through the Windows Store later this year. A similar update for Windows RT will also be available at the same time. However, details about the issues addressed in this update are not yet clear.
Reller did mention, though, that it will ease the learning curve for those who upgrade from earlier versions of Windows. Older versions of the OS had a Start menu and button, which was replaced by a Start screen in Windows 8, thus confusing the users a bit. Windows 8 owners will be prompted to download the update, once it is available. The software giant could be looking at increasing sales of its latest desktop OS by ironing out chinks in its armour. Microsoft will be making a public preview of the update from 26th June, coinciding with the company's BUILD developer conference at San Francisco.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance