Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:46 10th Jan, 2013
CES 2013: Samsung Unveils Exynos 5 Octa Chipset
Promises better performance and better life compared to its predecessor.
Samsung seems to be running on full-steam at this year's CES. Right after announcing the world's biggest 110" 4K television, Samsung took the unwraps of its Exynos 5 Octa chipset. Exynos chipsets are at the heart of the company's high-end GALAXY series devices (including its flagship handset models), and so become all the more important for the Korean giant, which is riding high on the series' success. In its latest iteration, the Exynos chips feature 8 processor cores! Four of them are Cortex-A15 CPUs meant for heavy tasks, while the remaining bunch is made up of Cortex-A7 processors to run less demanding apps. According to Samsung, this system will ensure significantly better battery performance over the previous generation of hardware.
Performance wise, it's reportedly twice as fast as the Exynos 4 Quad found in the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III. As of this writing, Samsung hasn't disclosed when and in which devices we can expect these chipsets to be featured in. What else could serve to be a better launch pad than the upcoming GALAXY S IV? Whether that actually happens, we will find out soon.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499