16:14 12th Jul, 2012
Incredible Green Contest Offers $60,000 For Eco-Friendly Tech Innovations
Open to students from across the globe; will reward "green, innovative, solutions" in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
Acer Foundation and the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) have joined forces to undertake the Incredible Green Contest — an international competition that focuses on environmentally-friendly innovations in the field of ICT (Information and Communications Technology). According to the press release, the contest aims to "advance environmental protection across the planet, promote green lifestyles, and enhance awareness of green environmental protection issues".
The contest is open to students worldwide, and carries a cash prize of $60,000 (Rs 33 lakh). You can visit the official website to register, either individually or as a team. There's no limitation on the age, nationality, or gender of the entrants. However, entries must be written only in English, followed by presentations that include digital audiovisuals, demonstrations, models, or simulations. The evaluation will take place in three stages: preliminary, first, and final rounds. The winners (or winning teams) will be judged on the criteria of how well the idea contributes to environmental protection, feasibility, and innovation. The last date for registrations is 31st October, 2012. What according to you are the chances of an Indian student making a mark at this event?
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020