04:13 05th Sep, 2018
Samsung May Unveil A Foldable Smartphone This Year
The company’s mobile division head is optimistic about the developments.
Samsung has been teasing a foldable smartphone for years. Using its flexible OLED expertise, the company unveiled an abomination known as the Galaxy Round in 2013. It was nowhere what we had expected. However, this time around, Samsung may unveil something more than a gimmick. Speaking to CNBC, Samsung mobile's CEO DJ Koh said it's "time to deliver" on the long-promised device, and that it could be unveiled at the Samsung Developer Conference in November.
He did not get into the nitty-gritties. However, he did mention that the development process has been "complicated." Koh also stated that the product will be more than a gimmick and will actually be useful.
So far, the rigid batteries and mainboards have been a big hurdle in achieving the flexible or foldable phone. However, recently Korean brands have had a breakthrough in developing flexible batteries. So, if everything goes according to the plans, Samsung should unveil a foldable phone by the end of this year.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499