Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:48 10th Aug, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Stays Clear Of The “Notch” Design Madness
The phone packs in serious firepower, dual cameras, and improved S pen.
The Korean giant has added a new member to its popular flagship Note series. Dubbed the Note 9, the smartphone crammed with features. For starters, you get a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with Quad HD+ resolution. Apart from offering vibrant colours, the display stands out due to its lack of side bezels. Samsung has also managed to achieve incredibly thin bezels on the top and bottom. Like its predecessor, the handset features an all glass and metal design. It is also water and dust resistant.
The Note 9 comes with the iconic S Pen. It now has Bluetooth connectivity. Business executives can use the S Pen as a wireless controller for presentations. You can also use it as a handheld shutter to click pictures on the Note 9.
The Indian variant is likely to be powered by Samsung's Exynos 9 Series 9810 chipset. International version will get Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 SoC (System on Chip). The phone will be available in 6 GB and 8 GB RAM options. The base model will offer 128 GB internal storage, while the latter will boast of 512 GB storage. In addition to this, the phone will offer microSD card slot. Since it is an hybrid slot, you can give up the microSD card slot for a secondary SIM.
The device offers a dual camera setup at the rear. It comprises of two 12 MP sensors. One is a RGB sensor while the other one is a telephoto lens for zoom and depth information. It can record super slow-motion videos at 960 fps. For selfies, the phone is equipped with an 8 MP auto focus snapper.
The latest Note series handset packs in a 4000 mAh battery with fast charging tech. In the US, the Galaxy Note 9 with 6 GB RAM is priced at $1000 (approx. Rs 69,000). For the 8 GB model, you will have to shell out $1250 (approx. Rs 86,000). The phone is set to launch on August 24 in the US.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones