18:23 18th Nov, 2016
WhatsApp Officially Rolls Out Video Calling Feature
Over a billion users can now make video calls on Android, iOS, and Windows.
WhatsApp has been known for revolutionising the way we message each other on phones. Continuing its efforts to add more features to its chat app, WhatsApp has now added video calling functionality. The feature will work accross multiple platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows.
Here's what Facebook's subsidiary had to state on its blog:“ We’re introducing this feature because we know that sometimes voice and text just aren’t enough. There’s no substitute for watching your grandchild take her first steps, or seeing your daughter’s face while she’s studying abroad. And we want to make these features available to everyone, not just those who can afford the most expensive new phones or live in countries with the best cellular networks.”
With the ease of use and non-resource gobbling features of WhatsApp, it became popular as a quick resort to exchange messages, emoticons, and even recorded voice clippings. But there was always a need for voice calling to make communications more personal. If you want to take this new feature for a spin, follow these simple instruction:
- Open Google Play and search for WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp's Google Play listing
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page
- In the section that says Become a beta tester tap on I'M IN
- Confirm on the next screen and wait for a few minutes
- Come back to WhatsApp listing page on Google Play
- You should see an option to Update WhatsApp to beta version
- Update the app
There are some alternative source like APK Pure and APPK Mirror for downloading the new WhatsApp. However, for safety reasons, we advise readers to download and use the official release.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499