Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
08th Jul 2015
BlackBerry handsets were once seen as a status symbol. After the iPhone and Android invasion though, the Canadian brand hasn't managed to sell many top-end phones. It is still a good option for those looking for a no non-sense smartphone. In fact, with current price cuts, you get to choose from three good BlackBerry phones Z3, Z10, and Leap, without spending more than 20K.
In all three phones, BlackBerry has gone for its simple and clean design approach. The Z3 and Leap look a lot similar. On the other hand, the Z10 shows its (once) flagship status. With neatly curved corners, the Z10 definitely offers better handling.
Leap features a 5" HD screen. It has pixel density of 294 ppi. The Z10's 4.2-inch too features HD resolution. Due to its relatively smaller 4.2" size, you get a sharp display with pixel density of 355 ppi. The Z3 has a 5" display with pixel dimensions of 540x960. With pixel density of 220 ppi, the Z3 disappoints when it comes to sharpness.
Processor and RAM
The Leap is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus chip clocked at 1.5 GHz. It has Adreno 305 GPU and 2 GB RAM. The Z3 has exact same specs, save for the RAM, which is limited to 1.5 GB. The story is very much the same for Z10. It has a dual-core S4 Plus chip clocked at 1.5 GHz. Just that its GPU Adreno 225 is inferior to the 305 found on the other two handsets.
In the photography department, the Leap and Z10 come with 8 megapixel modules. Video chat is take care of by a 2 megapixel front-facing snapper. The budget Z3 has to live with a 5 megapixel rear and 1.1 megapixel front-facing cameras.
The Leap and Z3 feature 16 GB internal storage. The Z3, on the other hand only packs-in 8 GB internal storage. Storage is not an issue though, as all three phones come with microSD card slot.
Compared to its siblings, the Z10 is quite a disappointment in terms of battery backup. It features a 1800 mAh battery. On the other hand, the Z3 and Leap pack-in 2500 and 2800 mAh battery respectively.
Battle Of BlackBerry: Leap Vs Z3 Vs Z10
Here's what you need to know before choosing your right sub 20k.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones