Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Jun 2015
For every new version of Apple's mobile OS, comparison with other platforms happens to be inevitable. iOS 9 brings in a lot of improvements and new features for both the iPhone and iPad. Some of these ideas are original, while a few have been inspired by competing operating systems. So although Apple's mobile operating system is gaining features, it is losing out on originality.
Picture In Picture
Apple's Picture in picture lets you play a video in window mode while working with other apps. It is a blatant rip-off of Samsung's pop-up play feature.
For the first time, iPad users running iOS 9 will be able to run two apps simultaneously in the split screen mode. Hello, Microsoft Surface!
Public Transit Info
Apple maps finally support Transit info. With iOS 9, iPhone will help you reach from point A to point B using public transport. Something that has been there for years on Android and Windows Phone.
Spotlight search will learn from your usage pattern. Based on that it will prioritise the information such as contacts, locations, and apps. Yes, very much like Google Now.
Does iOS 9 Borrow Too Much From The Competition?
Apple's mobile OS gaining features, but losing out on originality.
- Tile Launches A Powerful Set of Trackers for Everyone
- Vivo Launches the Y19 Smartphone at Rs.13,999
- Panasonic Launches Eluga Ray 810 Smartphone
- UC Browser, Paytm Mall, Paytm First Join Hands for the 11.11 UC Shopping Festival
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have