22nd Aug 2017
Western Digital’s new Solid State Drive ‘Blue’ is available in India now and here’s what we feel about it. To begin with, let’s go by the hardware and by the looks of it, the first thing that comes to our mind is the SanDisk X400 SSD. Well, that shouldn’t be a shock due to the recent happenings that also involve WD acquiring SanDisk.
While the variant we received by WD is the one with 250 GB capacity, it is worth noting that the SSD comes in two other storage options as well — 500 GB and 1 TB. Also, speaking about the form factor, it is worth noting that the SSD comes in two types — 2.5 inch/ 7 mm casing and M.2 2280 form factor.
Design wise, the SSD we have in hand today is compact and it doesn’t bulk up your rig. It is also light weight and at the same time sturdy. According to the company, the Blue 250 GB SSD comes with a sequential read speed of up to 545 mbps and sequential write speed of up to 523 mbps.
The company has also claimed that the drive is optimised for multitasking to simultaneously run resource-heavy applications without system slow-down. However, we could notice no difference by having the drive in some laptops, which clearly shows that the performance of the SSD also depends on your system configuration.
As far as compatibility is concerned, this SSD can pretty much be hooked up into a wide range of laptops and desktop computers. You can get a downloadable Dashboard app that allows you to easily monitor the status of your drive.
While WD Blue 250 GB SSD is not doubt a good option for those who seek speed in their workstation, it is certainly worth checking with your system compatibility before you go and purchase the drive. You can get your hands on the 250 GB drive for Rs 8,399 on Amazon.in.
Western Digital Blue 250 GB SSD Review
The drive comes with sequential read and write speeds of up to 545 and 523 MBPS respectively.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones