05th Jun 2017
What happens when your smartphone falls? Well, most of the time, it breaks. Though smartphone manufacturers are experimenting with different materials including space grade aluminium, breaking a smartphone seems to be a pretty easy task. But, have no fear! Scientists have recently discovered a new material which can be used in manufacturing smartphones that are less likely to break.
Reported recently on The Financial Express, the new material is claimed to be more light and flexible, which it comes with improved chemical stability. According to the post, Researchers in UK have recently found out that they could produce a unique material technology by simply combining semiconducting molecules C60 with layered materials such as graphene and hBN.
This newly discovered material is being called for now as ‘Miracle Material’ and according to the researchers from Queen’s University, Belfast, UK, the hBN offers stability, electronic compatibility, and isolation charge to graphene, and on the other hand, C60 is helpful in transforming sunlight to electricity.
Also, researchers seem to have termed the process as ‘van der Waals solids’ which is basically nothing but bringing these compounds together and assembling them in a pre-defined way.
With this research going-on in full swing, researchers have also been trying to find out the lacking ‘band gap’ which, according to Gizbot, is the key to the on-off switching operations performed by electronic devices.
However, if these researches soon turn out fruitful, we may expect many smartphone manufacturers going-in for this new material and replace the silicon and other compounds which are presently costly and also break easily.
This New Material Can Make Your Smartphone Unbreakable
Researchers are combining together semiconducting molecules C60 with layered materials such as graphene and hBN.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499