13:24 16th Oct, 2015
Lenovo’s Yoga Tab 3 Features Qualcomm’s Latest Snapdragon 212 Chipset
A budget tablet offering from Lenovo that seems to be an all rounder with voice calling as well.
Lenovo has announced yet another stylish budget tablet offering after the launch of its entry-level Tab 2 A7-20 tablet yesterday. The new Yoga Tab 3, which was showcased at the IFA Berlin, is powered by Android and comes with a practical design that lives up to the Yoga branding at Rs 16,999.
While many would look twice at the Rs 17,000 price tag for a what clearly is budget hardware, Lenovo seems to be banking on the Tab 3’s design ad 4G capabilities for sales.
The design looks unique, but is practical in every way as it allows for four usage modes that include Hold, Stand, Tilt and Hang.
The Yoga Tab 3 also supports 4G LTE bands in India (1800 MHz (Band 3) and 2300 MHz (Band 40) and will act as an all in one solution for those looking for a portable tablet to get things done.
Coming to the innards, Lenovo has utilized Qualcomm’s latest offering, which is an upgrade from the Snapdragon 210 chipset. The Snapdragon 212 utilizes a quad-core set up with ARM Cortex A7 CPUs and an Adreno 304 GPU, both of which can handle an 8 MP camera, Full HD video recording and playback and come with integrated X5 LTE.
Down to the hardware specifications:
- We get an 8 inch HD IPS display (1280 x 720 pixels) along with AnyPen support
- A 1.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC with 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 128 GB)
- For the cameras, we have an 8 MP unit that doubles up as the front facing unit as well, thanks to its rotating mechanism
- In terms of connectivity, we get 4G LTE, 3G bands and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 along with GPS+
- All of the above is powered by a 6200 mAh battery
The Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 will be available in just one colour, slate and is expected to go on sale by late October in India.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens