22:41 11th Oct, 2012
TRAI Orders Etisalat, S Tel To Continue Services Till 2nd June
Subscribers given more time to decide on alternative operator.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed operators Etisalat DB and S Tel to continue offering services till 2nd of June and also maintain the quality of service. The SC had cancelled the licences of several operators after it was found that there were some discrepancies when they were allotted in 2008. The concerned operators were told to wind up their operations by 2nd June, which is four months from the 2nd February verdict.
The above two companies had announced that they will be shutting shop a lot earlier than the specified deadline. Etisalat issued the following statement: "Etisalat DB confirms that this matter has been adjourned to April 18 for all claimants to file the particulars of their claim. Until April 18, no payment to be made by the company to any creditor or claimant other than under the orders of the Court". Etisalat had shut down operations by the end of March, while S Tel did the same, in the middle of that month. TRAI has told the companies to restore their network, continue services, and maintain quality, till their licences were valid and also submit a compliance report within three days. We assume that this also applies to Loop Telecom, which had decided to stop operations by the middle of May. The telecom authority's decision will definitely bring some respite and give some more time for subscribers of these services to think about where to hop next.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week