14:23 28th Sep, 2015
Indian-origin Entrepreneur Launches New Photo Sharing App
The app recognizes your friends and family members and organises your photos accordingly in private photo albums.
Indian-origin entrepreneur Sachin Dev Duggal who is based out of San Francisco has recently launched a new photo sharing app christened as "Shoto".
Speaking about how the new photo sharing app works, Shoto enables easy sharing among friends and family members while at the same time maintains the privacy of every user.
The apps basically works by collecting the metadata from the phone and prompting the users if they want to share them.
The USP of the app is that it is capable of recognizing people as to which friend was with you while taking photos which is much similar to the location tracker for photos.
So, with this feature, you just have to click photos and the app recognizes the friends and organize everything into private photo albums.
Along with this the app also comes with instant photo sharing feature which allows everyone to have a view of the complete photo album.
Shoto also features an integrated photo editor allowing its users more options to play around with multiple photo editing effects like cropping, sharpness and many more.
The app which is currently available in over 120 countries including India also supports Hindi language which shows us that the app is pretty much India-centric.
Having said this, the company has received a funding of $ 1.5 million from investors like Real Venture and Kunal Nayyar.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones