12:02 25th Sep, 2015
Inventec Confirms Xiaomi’s Laptop Computers To Arrive By Q1 2016
Although it isn’t quite sure how the company’s strategy for selling these laptops will work out.
Chinese ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) Inventec has confirmed that it will be building laptops for smartphone maker Xiaomi. Inventec Chairman, Richard Lee confirmed that the contract manufacturer will be building Xiaomi Inc’s upcoming computer product, that is expected to run Linux at least in its home market in China.
What the Chairman was a bit confused about however, is Xiaomi’s strategy behind selling these laptop computers. While the Chinese smartphone maker’s mobile devices strategy is doing perfectly fine, Inventec isn’t clear how well it will apply to the laptop market as it is a different segment altogether.
According to Lee, the ODM will begin shipping these laptop computers built for Xiaomi by Q1 or Q2 next year.
Until recently, it was not clear who was building this Linux-powered laptop for Xiaomi. According to the last report, it was confirmed that both Foxconn and Inventec will be building them.
Xiaomi however, seems mum on the topic for now. Clearly, this is because production is yet to commence. Meanwhile the Chinese smartphone maker is giving international brands stiff competition in the Indian market and has also climbed the ranks internationally, to become the world third biggest smartphone brand.
As for the details about the laptop, there is not much available but just that it will be a 15 inch one that mimics the Apple MacBook Air on design.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance