Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:08 27th Aug, 2015
LG Launches Two Premium OLED TVs In India
Stunning picture quality comes at a hefty price.
About a five months ago, LG showcased its upcoming line-up of OLED TVs. Fast forward it today, and two of its Organic LED televisions have hit the market.
The 4K OLED panels come in 55" and 65" variants. The former costs around Rs 3,84,900, while the top model is pegged at Rs 5,79,900. Yes, that's toughly the price of a sedan.
During the launch, LG officials threw a lot of mumbo-jumbo such as 33 million sub-pixels and proprietary WPGB pixel arrangement. Leaving that aside, I can tell one thing for sure that the picture quality is absolutely stunning.
OLED is completely different than your LCD panels. LCD requires CCFL or LED backlights to light up the picture. On the other hand, each OLED pixel is self illuminated. Because of this, OLED can deliver vibrant colours and perfect blacks. This is something, LCD screens have not managed to achieve so far.
Glowing colours and flawless blacks.
In the sound department, LG has teamed-up with Harman Kardon. And as one would expect at this price, the TV is a smart one. Unlike the Android TV platform though, LG's customised WebOS software is fluid and user-friendly. The gesture remote too performs exceptionally well.
One thing I did not like about these TVs is the curve. LG claims that they have found the perfect curve with intensive research. However, I still do not see any advantage the curved panel has over the flat ones.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance