13:46 24th Aug, 2015
Micromax Planning To Develop Its Own OS | TechTree.com
Micromax Planning To Develop Its Own OS
The software will be used on company's tablet, televisions, and wearables.
Domestic handset-maker Micromax seems geared-up to develop its own operating system. The company would not be making an OS from ground up, but will rather fork Android much like Amazon and Xiaomi.
In an interview to Economics Times, Vikas Jain, co-founder of Micromax stated that the first smartphone based on the new OS will hit the market by the end of this financial year.
The company also plans to use its operating system on its tablets, televisions, and wearables. This will enable Micromax to offer its services on multiple platforms, much like Xiaomi, Samsung, Apple, and Microsoft.
The OS will be developed in Micromax's Bangalore facility. The domestic phone-maker has snatched about 75 Nokia ex employees.
It will be interesting to see how this partnership impacts Micromax's current tie-up with Cynogen that powers its Yureka line of phones.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India