10:48 19th Aug, 2015
Lava’s Iris Atom 2 Launched At Rs 4949
While the price is right, the specs are a bit worrisome.
Lava has launched its newest addition to its Atom line-up called the Iris Atom 2. The smartphone fits into the entry-level segment and has been designed keeping quality and a budget buyers in mind.
Indeed, quality is something that is synonymous with Lava smartphones. So the design of the Lava Iris Atom 2 is pretty good considering the price that you pay for it, with its glass and plastic construction.
Lava has created the Atom 2 keeping first-time Android buyers in mind. And while we appreciate the design of the smartphone, the 512 MB of RAM really worries us. Moreover, the Atom 2 runs Android KitKat out of the box (Lava did mention that it is upgradeable to Lollipop) so things may not be as smooth as many would expect.
Still then, the Lava Iris Atom 2 will serve its purpose for placing calls and chatting on messenger services and some light gaming.
Coming down to the hardware specs:
- We get a 4.5 inch TFT FWVGA display (854x480 pixels, 217 PPI)
- Inside, we get a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor with 512 MB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage (expandable to 32 GB)
- The camera department consists of a 5 MP unit on the back with an LED flash and a VGA unit up front
- The handset supports 3G bands (GSM - 900, 1800; WCDMA - 2100), 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth V2.1
- We get Android v4.4 KitKat and all of the above is powered by a 1750 mAh battery
The handset is currently available in black and white for Rs 4949 both in stores and online.
Indeed, it is wise to pay about Rs 2000 more and go in for a Moto E (2nd gen) 3G with 1 GB RAM to ensure that things remain smooth in the long run.
Also if you are will to stretch your budget a bit, do take a look at our Top 5 selections for smartphones under Rs 10,000.
[Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime Vs Moto E (2015)]
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020