Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:59 03rd Aug, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Now Available For Rs 11,100
The Korean-giant adds another 4G handset to its portfolio in India.
Announced in October 2014, the Galaxy Grand Prime has finally hit the store shelves. Samsung has pegged the 4G capable handset at Rs 11,100.
The phone packs-in the tried-and-tested Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. The 5-inch screen has pixel dimensions of 960x540. That's quite low by today's standards. Not only similarly priced Chinese phones offer superior HD screens, but even the Lumia 730 comes with a brilliant OLED screen.
Although subjective, I feel that another area where the Grand Primes takes a beating is the design department.
The Grand Prime offers an 8 megapixel rear camera. Selfies are made possible by a 5 megapixel front-facing snapper. Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-SIM functionality, and 2600 mAh battery.
On the software front, you get Android KitKat 4.4 out-of-the-box. You are not going to notice any difference with Samsung's TouchWiz customisation on top though.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones