Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:38 30th Jul, 2015
NASA Publishes The 'Golden Record' On SoundCloud | TechTree.com
NASA Publishes The 'Golden Record' On SoundCloud
These messages are meant for aliens billions of miles away.
NASA has uploaded the contents of the 'Golden Record' to the SoundCloud. For those not in the know, these recording are on-board the Voyager 1 and 2 space probes. Launched in 1977, these crafts carried 'Golden Records' from Earth, just in case if any smartass aliens got hold of it. Think of it as a message in a bottle.
Golden Record is a 12-inch gold-plated copper disk. The sounds and greetings from Earth were handpicked by a group of scientists headed by Carl Sagan, enigmatic scientists that hosted the Cosmos series during early 80s. Musical selections were taken from from different cultures and eras. The recordings also include greetings from 55 languages from Earth. Beginning with Akkadian, which was spoken in Sumer about six thousand years ago, and ending with Wu, a modern Chinese dialect. There are visual instructions explaining how to play these records. You can listen to the Hindi message here:
On NASA's SoundCloud account, you can also check-out messages from the other Indian languages such as Marathi, Punjabi, and Gujarati. You can listen Other sounds include Volcanoes, Earthquake, Thunder, Wind, Rain, Crickets, Frogs, Birds, Hyena, Elephant, Chimpanzee, Dog, Footsteps, Heartbeat, Laughter, Morse Code, Ships, rocket lift-off, Train. Mother and Child, and Kiss. Ask anyone from Mumbai, why train sound is so important.
Voyager 1 spacecraft is the farthest any human-made object has ever ventured into the space. 36 years after its launch, the probe is now over 19 billion kilometres away from our Sun. It still communicates with us using the Deep Space Network.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals