11:45 29th Jul, 2015
InFocus Announces Glasses-Free 3D Smartphone, Feature Phones And More
Amongst the plethora of products were also a range of LED TVs.
InFocus clearly seems to be determined to make it big in India.
The computer hardware company has moved into the world of smartphones and has already launched a couple of budget devices for the Indian market. While its success story is not out yet, InFocus held a big event to announce a wider range of devices that not only includes some smartphones but features phones, tablets and TVs as well.
The highlight clearly was the glasses-free 3D smartphone also called the InFocus M550-3D. The device offers a stereoscopic 3D display that allows it to produce a 3D experience not just for images, but for movies and games as well.
As for the hardware of this mid-range device,
- We have a 5.5 inch Full HD display
- A 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core chipset that is coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal memory, which is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back and a 5 MP fixed-focus unit up front
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands in India and is powered by a 3100 mAh battery
InFocus has confirmed the price of this 3D smartphone at a budget Rs 15,999.
Next up there were also two other mid-range devices, the M812 and M808, which focussed on build quality, sporting a uni-body aluminium construction.
The M812 is priced at Rs 19,990 and comes with
- A 5.5 inch Full HD display
- Inside we have a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back, while the front gets a large 8 MP sensor with a wide angle lens
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands and is powered by a 2900 mAh battery
As for the M808, it is priced at Rs 12,999 and goes budget with the specs:
- A 5.7 inch Full HD display
- Inside, we have a 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6753 processor with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back, while the front gets a smaller 5 MP sensor
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands and is powered by a 2450 mAh battery
Also announced, was budget smartphone called the M370 (pictured above) that brings 4G to the masses with a Rs 5999 price tag.
Enough with the smartphones, InFocus is also eyeing the feature phone market and announced a few feature phones as well. Smartphones aside, the company announced a 2-in-1 tablet with a 10 inch Full HD display and a quad-core Intel Atom processor, but there were no details about the pricing. Also announced were a range of LED TVs.
As for the smartphones, they will reach markets by September and all of them run Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020