15:47 24th Jul, 2015
Sony Launches Android Powered TVs In India
The thinnest TV which comes with 4K LED format is said to be thinner than smartphones like iPhone 6 and Sony Xperia Z3.
Japanese electronics company Sony has introduced five new smart Bravia TVs and the world's slimmest LED TV that run on Google's Android operating system in India.
With panel sizes ranging from 43 inch to 75 inch and starting at a price of Rs 69,000, it is being said that all the TVs will be running the latest Android Lollipop at the base with Bravia UX user interface on top.
Along with this, the company claims that the thinnest TV with just 4.9 mm thickness among the new ones will be coming in the 4K LED format and users would be able to connect the TVs to the Android Play Store for downloading apps and will also support voice command for searching the web or within the Play Store.
The new TVs are also said to have come with unique features like 'Serial AbTak' to make it relative to the common Indian household who loves to watch TV serials.
Android powered TVs do make some meaning in this Android crazy world with over 90 per cent of Indian consumers using the Android platform for mobile phones.
The newly launched Android TVs will be available at all Sony Centers and major electronic stores across India.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens