14:13 13th Jul, 2015
Xiaomi Plans To Develop Its E-Commerce Business Model In India
The company is investing an undisclosed amount of money into setting up its own e-commerce business including warehouse and logistics.
Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi which reached the masses in India via its unique flash sales model exclusively on Flipkart has been lately concentrating on its e-commerce portal - Mi.com.
However, now, the company seems to be developing a full-fledged e-commerce business model for its phones and other devices in India.
Being the world's third-largest smartphone maker, Xiaomi has found the Indian market to be potential for its growth and thus, to take it further, the company is actively considering investing in a few startup technology companies to develop an eco-system.
It is however not new for the company to invest in the startups as Xiaomi is one of the top angel investors in China having already invested in over 20 startups in the home country.
However, currently, we know that the company's sales comes mainly from its portal Mi.com and channel partners Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
We also know that Xiaomi has its research and development center setup in Bengaluru a few months back, which it is now planning to invest in extensively.
Also, Foxconn's manufacturing unit at a leased facility in Sri City in Andhra Pradesh is estimated to produce around 10,000 phones every day for Xiaomi.
Now, with its plans to develop its e-commerce business model, the company is planning to expand its exclusive sales and service network.
However, the company has not yet revealed anything about the budget that will go into the expansion.
Backing this expansion of the company's e-commerce business model, we already know that, Ratan Tata of Tata Sons has already bought a stake in the company.
It looks like Xiaomi definitely has some solid vision in front of it while the company has some competition in the ever-competing smartphone market.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones