12:10 13th Jul, 2015
Xiaomi's Chinese Competitor Umi Mobiles Enters India
The company enters India with its 4G smartphone Umi Hammer being sold on Flipkart via third-party retailer.
Chinese smartphone maker Umi Mobiles, which is pretty much known in the smartphone industry in China as the competitor for Xiaomi has finally made its move into the Indian market with its new smartphone dubbed, the Umi Hammer.
Available at a price of Rs 10,999, the new smartphone which the company claims to be the strongest phone ever built due to its aviation alloy frame is currently available for purchase via a third-party online retailer on Flipkart.
The listing on the e-commerce site claims the handset to be supporting the 4G connectivity while it comes with dual-SIM support.
Speaking about the specifications of the smartphone, the UMI Hammer having a 5 inch display screen comes with a Quad-Core 64 bit 1.5 GHz MediaTek processor to ensure high performance and reduced battery consumption.
Also, the smartphone comes with a 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory which is said to be upgradable upto 64 GB and a 2,250 mAh battery which is claimed by the company on its official website to provide at least 9 hours of 4G internet browsing, 11 hours of video playback, 28 hours of 2G call time and 42 hours of music playback.
Coming to the camera section, the Umi Hammer packs a 13 megapixel camera with Dual-LED flash on the back and a 3 megapixel camera on the front.
The listing also claims the smartphone to run pure Android operating system with KitKat out-of-the-box and soon upgradable to Lollipop.
Having said this, a video claims the handset to even sustain extreme violence and can also be washed in water.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones