17:28 07th Jul, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 And Edge Get Their Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Updates
Fixes issues with the camera and allows for a some new customisations.
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge owners in India will be happy to know that new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update roll out has begun. The update fixes a few issues, improves on a couple of things and adds a couple of new customisations to make your life easier.
The new update, which has finally arrived in India after a long wait, adds new exposure controls to the camera and also adds a couple of new shooting modes. Apps can now be sorted alphabetically in the app drawer and Guest mode finally makes an appearance.
There is now also an option to remove the S Finder and Quick Connect widgets from the notifications drawer entirely, which is a good move, considering that the screen isn’t too big in size.
[Also Read: Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge]
As an added bonus, Samsung now lets you switch off that iPhone-like wallpaper motion effect.
The update is rolling out right now, so if you have not received a notification for the firmware update, you can head to Settings and manually check for the same.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens