23:46 09th Oct, 2012
Airtel Will Launch 4G In Kolkata
Service will be available in the city this month.
Bharti airtel is all set to launch its 4G data service, starting from Kolkata this month. The company also holds the licences for the Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum, said to be five times quicker than 3G, in four circles including Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Karnataka. The service claims to provide subscribers with high-speed wireless internet access that supports video streaming and high-definition video conferencing.
Other firms such as Reliance Infotel, Qualcomm, Tikona, Aircel, and Augere have also won spectrum rights during the recent auction, but are yet to announce any plans about when their service will be available. Although phones supporting the 4G network haven't yet reached India, several handset makers are certainly planning to bring such devices to our shores in the near future. However, considering how expensive 3G plans currently are, it's anybody's guess what the new 4G tariffs will be like.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens