10:31 30th Jun, 2015
Samsung Plans To Launch More Tizen Based Smartphones This Year | TechTree.com
Samsung Plans To Launch More Tizen Based Smartphones This Year
1 million Tizen based Z1 smartphones were sold in India alone hinting about the probability of its success.
It looks like Samsung Electronics is having plans of launching more handsets running on its own Tizen operating system by the end of this year.
Though this seems to be not yet officially announced, Reuters has reported about the same.
It looks like Samsung is aiming at building its own ecosystem through Tizen which powers its smartwatches and premium television sets.
It is worth recalling here that Samsung launched its first Tizen powered smartphone dubbed the Z1 in India is January and has reportedly sold 1 million handsets so far in India alone.
However, we all know that if an operating system has to attract more developers to build apps, it is first advisable to expand the user base and also the numbers of devices being powered by it.
So, we feel that Samsung is looking at a similar strategy hoping to expand its very own Tizen's presence in the growing mobile market.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals