13:57 26th Jun, 2015
Google Begins Road Tests Of New Driverless Cars
While the latest prototypes are fully self driven, they are being accompanied by safety drivers with removable steering wheels and pedals.
Google seems to have started testing the latest prototypes of its much talked about self-driving cars with safety drivers aboard.
Adding more in to this, the latest prototype vehicles are designed from the ground up to be fully self driving and are actually meant to be working without a steering wheel or pedals.
However, during the phase of testing these self driven cars, the official Google+ post by the company says that, safety drivers are being given removable steering wheel, accelerator pedal and brake pedal that allows them to take over driving if needed.
Also, it is being said that the self-driving cars is bring driven using the same software as the Lexus vehicles do.
This said, Google has so far reported 12 accidents involving the prototypes where injuries have been minor and it was claimed by the search giant that accidents were mostly a result of human error by the drivers of the other cars involved.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance