18:09 25th Jun, 2015
Netflix Expected To Make Its Way To India By 2016
The company has some old yet interesting shows in store.
Yes, Netflix is coming to India next year. The company according to sources is setting up things on the quiet to get operations up and running for the Indian market.
People familiar with the matter have confirmed that the leading on-demand internet streaming media company will make an entry into India next year. A move that will force DTH players to head back to their drawing boards, because everyone would indeed want to be on Netflix, which should obviously arrive with higher quality video.
According to those very same insiders, Netflix is banking on some old, yet interesting TV shows like, Buniyaad, Nukkad and Malgudi Days along with fresh new content, which it plans to make available.
As for the hardware bits, everything is pretty much already available, from gaming consoles like the Xbox One that lets you use the system for Home entertainment, to smart TVs that already have the necessary chops, but are stuck, thanks the non-availability of services.
In a questionnaire with the times of India a Netflix spokesperson commented, "We have said we plan to be nearly global by the end of 2016. We have nothing else to share at this point,"
While 4G connectivity is slowly making its way to most markets, its standard internet connectivity that seems to be the only roadblock for now. May its time internet speeds play catch up with services for once.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week