17:34 19th Jun, 2015
Ello Launches iOS App While Hinting At Retail Revenues
The new social networking site also lifts the invitation system and declares itself to be available to public.
The social networking site 'Ello' which claims itself to be ad-free has recently done with its invitation requirement and also has launched its first mobile app in the Apple Store
This pretty much informs that the social network Ello was initially invite-only and also lacked a mobile app.
However, now, after seeing some prominent development in the last one year, Ello will several million users now still sticks to its anti-Facebook policy of promising to never use advertising or to sell customer data to third parties.
So, if you are ever wondering how would Ello make money, then it is said to be through selling personalised features and other services.
With these constant developments in hand, Ello has upgraded the service to include new ways to find friends, full search, real-time alerts, private messaging, private groups and "loves" instead of likes.
The launch of the app seems to witness the social networking site going public.
Also, further more, the company is thinking about a commerce feature which would let users sell items directly through their Ello feeds which sounds pretty much like the "Buy" button Pinterest just launched.
However, with these ad-free policies in hand and many competitors especially the giant Facebook, we just have to wait and watch if launching an iOS app can really help the company moving ahead in its determined direction.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones