18:09 18th Jun, 2015
Twitter Rolls Out Autoplay Videos | TechTree.com
Twitter Rolls Out Autoplay Videos
The feature autoplays video ads, GIFs and Vines on your timeline while being muted.
Twitter seems to have decided to follow the footsteps of the social media giant Facebook.
The micro-blogging service has introduced a feature which enables videos on your timeline to autoplay which Facebook had introduced back in December 2013.
While this feature seems to advertisers friendly, it may irritate a few who are not ad-friendly users.
However, the feature which has now begun rolling out on iOS and web has an option to be disabled by opening the Twitter app and tapping on the Settings icon. Later, you need to tap on Video autoplay and either select 'Use WiFi only' or 'Never play video automatically' option.
One thing which seems to be a main drawback of this feature if turned on is that it can drain your data plans and also battery life.
All being said, the feature is expected to roll out on Android in near future. However, for now, there seems to be no much news about it.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals