18:09 18th Jun, 2015
Twitter Rolls Out Autoplay Videos
The feature autoplays video ads, GIFs and Vines on your timeline while being muted.
Twitter seems to have decided to follow the footsteps of the social media giant Facebook.
The micro-blogging service has introduced a feature which enables videos on your timeline to autoplay which Facebook had introduced back in December 2013.
While this feature seems to advertisers friendly, it may irritate a few who are not ad-friendly users.
However, the feature which has now begun rolling out on iOS and web has an option to be disabled by opening the Twitter app and tapping on the Settings icon. Later, you need to tap on Video autoplay and either select 'Use WiFi only' or 'Never play video automatically' option.
One thing which seems to be a main drawback of this feature if turned on is that it can drain your data plans and also battery life.
All being said, the feature is expected to roll out on Android in near future. However, for now, there seems to be no much news about it.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones