11:34 04th Aug, 2015
Opera Launches Data Saving App 'Max' In India | TechTree.com
Opera Launches Data Saving App 'Max' In India
Opera Max is claimed to save at least 50 per cent of your data plan.
Popular mobile browsing app Opera has always been known for the lesser data it consumes.
However, Opera has recently come up with a data management and data savings apps that actually shrinks videos and photos on almost any app on mobile data connections as well as WiFi.
It seems that Opera has understood the price-sensitive market and 3G data rates still being high, the launch of Opera Max might be answer in giving users a smoother experience.
According to the company, the new app can condense a 10 MB video down to 3 MB and significantly reduce instances of video buffering without any noticeable loss of quality.
However, besides this, Opera Max is expected to give its users real time daily and monthly data usage statistics along with tracking Internet use app-by-app and blocking them if it thinks it is not necessary at the moment.
Technically, the app actually works by condensing and rerouting the data using Virtual Price Network or VPN to Opera's servers. All non-encrypted data requests from websites and apps using HTTP connections are sent to Opera's compression servers, which then would shrink the size of images and videos.
The private data using HTTPS connection go straight to the end users without being interfered in between by Opera browsers.
The Opera Max app weighs 5.5MB, requires Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later OS versions to run, and is available via Google Play.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals