11:44 17th Jun, 2015
Land Rover Comes Up With Remote Control System For Its Range Rover
The James Bond styled technology helps drivers get past difficult terrain or tricky parking spots.
The remote control car which was shown in James Bond movies is no longer a fantasy as Land Rover comes with its Range Rover SUV and latest Autonomous Car Technology.
However, the real purpose of the remote control may be to get your vehicle past a muddy trench and not to go on a roller coaster ride like the James Bond!
Adding more in to this, Jaguar Land Rover is developing smartphone control technology that lets you pilot the Range Rover Sport at very low speeds while you are outside.
This technology is said to be helping the driver get past difficult terrain or tricky parking spots.
The smartphone app that comes with the Range Rover Sport is said to control the vehicle's speed and direction.
It is worth noting that the speed has been limited to 4 mph and the smartphone needs to be within 10 feet of the vehicle.
However, we recommend you not to go down to your local Range Rover dealer and try this out. This is just an engineering prototype and may take some time for this technology to hit the production models.
The company has also come up with this video which pretty much explains about the system. We can see in the video a person trying out the app in an Apple iPhone which hints us that the company might be working on iOS first and then might turn towards Android and other operating systems. However, it is just a wild guess after seeing the video and can be confirmed only after Land Rover announces about the same.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones