11:45 16th Jun, 2015
Samsung Announces Its Galaxy Tab E In Taiwan | TechTree.com
Samsung Announces Its Galaxy Tab E In Taiwan
‘E’ for economical.
Samsung has announced its all-new Galaxy Tab E for the Taiwanese markets. The Tab E is clearly a budget solution and will appeal to those looking out for a tablet with Google’s Android software in it.
The tablet goes budget with the hardware, but looks a lot better than similarly priced options in the current market. There is a matte finish plastic (which although understated does look like a refresh) all around with the back sporting a grippy, textured finish.
Looks aside, its the internals that are bare bones, but will get you up and running if all you want are the basics.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E does not even pack in Android 5.0 Lollipop, but comes with Android 4.4 KitKat (wonder how Google allowed this, keeping its new OEM policies in mind) along with the usual heaviness of Samsung’s TouchWiz layer.
As for the hardware:
- We get a 9.6 inch 1280 x 800 pixels touchscreen display
- Inside, there is a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM and paired with 8 GB of internal memory (expandable)
- As for the cameras, we have a 5 MP unit on the back and 2 MP selfie shooter up front
- Wi-Fi is the only connectivity option as there are no radios with mobile data for now (another model with the same will be announced later)
- The tablet is 8.5 mm thin and weighs 490 gms that also includes the 5000 mAh battery
Pricing of the Samsung Galaxy Tab E will begin from 226 USD (approx. Rs 15,000) which is a bit high considering its specs. The tablet will be launched in Taiwan by the end of the month and while Samsung has not confirmed anything yet, expect it to make its way to India as well.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals