16:13 15th Jun, 2015
YouTube To Start A Video Streaming Service Specially For Gamers
YouTube Gaming is much like the Amazon-owned streaming service Twitch which is made specially for the gamers globally.
YouTube has recently announced that it would be soon launching a dedicated site and app for gaming allowing fans to watch and interact with live broadcasts of others playing games.
This service seems to be much like the Amazon-owned streaming service Twitch for which Google had made a bid only to be beaten by Amazon's $970 million offer.
However, ever since then, Google which owns YouTube seems to have been working silently on this Twitch rival which would be launched later this year.
Since gaming videos like lets's plays, walkthroughs and speedruns have taken place as entirely new genres of videos, YouTube's latest official blog-post says that it's the company's turn to return the favour with something built just for gamers.
Going in depth with the service, the blog post says that YouTube Gaming will be featuring more than 25,000 games with each having their own page, a single place for all the best videos and live streams about that title.
It is also mentioned that users can easily subscribe to a channel and receive notifications as soon as they start a live stream.
However, for now, the service is said to be available after Summer only in the USA and UK and would soon be launched in other countries including India.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020